Michael J Lasky is a Venture Catalyst Consultant experienced with international business partnerships to develop and produce U.S. domestic media and tech endeavors. His vision is to assist Clients reach the marketplace with integrity and significant value, while setting the standard for comparison while reflecting the principal definition of the term, Venture Catalyst. Lasky's hands-on focus is in finance and media production as a producer, where his talented team of associates serve projects in the tech sector and franchise-styled business models.
We seek to identify select business models that we believe have significant opportunities in the global key markets they serve and have innovative service or value, expandable growth models and will support solid career placement opportunities that afford us a distinct competitive advantage.
In evaluating potential portfolio partners, we pay particular attention to the following characteristics:
• Management. We seek enterprises whose management team consists of talented individuals of high integrity with significant experience. We focus on the depth of the management team and the extent to which key managers have an ownership interest in the company.
• Opportunity for Significant Influence. We favor investments in companies in which we have the opportunity to become a partner in the building of the business, rather than being merely a financial participant. In addition, we pursue companies in which our representatives will play a role in setting corporate missions, vision and values when fine tuning their strategies. We provide advice regarding important decisions affecting policies and procedures, including analyzing potential acquisitions, recruiting key managers, securing equity and debt financing and evaluating strategic opportunities.
• Market Dynamics. We prefer investments in enterprises that are addressing a large unfulfilled market demand with long-term growth prospects and that can reasonably expect to achieve and maintain a significant market share through proprietary products and services. We also favor participation within significant performance models with market pricing advantages breaking significant barriers established by effective competition.
• Ability to Achieve Liquidity. We consider the potential and likely means for achieving the liquidity that would ultimately enable us to realize the value of our equity investments within 3 to 5 years. Achieving liquidity may include an initial public offering of the company, a 5-year restructuring exit for investors liquidity, a sale of the company or a purchase by the company or its managers of our equity interest. With respect to our mezzanine investments, we also may achieve liquidity through an exercise of the put right that we receive in connection with such investments.
• Ability to Service Debt. With respect to our mezzanine investments, we seek companies that have demonstrated predictable and sustainable cash flows from operations, strong tangible assets, reasonable financial leverage relative to cash flows from operations, and reasonable prospects to retire at least 50% of their senior indebtedness within three years of our investment.
The investment process includes the identification, due diligence, negotiation, documentation and closing of the investment. Our due diligence focus includes:
• review of historical and prospective financial information
• review of job creation and job placement feasibility
• location and its demographic reach
• on-site facility visits
• interviews with management, employees, customers and vendors of the potential portfolio company
• background checks
• research relating to the company's management, markets, products and services.
Additional due diligence with respect to any loan or investment by us may be conducted on our behalf by attorneys and independent accountants prior to the closing of the investment, as well as other outside advisers, as appropriate. An investment memorandum is created from the due diligence and presented to our Board of Directors for its approval.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements that are not guaranteed and are based upon the Company's best efforts basis. This is neither an offer nor solicitation to sell securities. The Company may be contacted by accredited investors, with a request for a fully disclosed memorandum.
This summary does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any state or any other jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized. Any reproduction or distribution of this summary, in whole or in part, or the divulgence of any of its contents, is prohibited.This summary and all related documents and information are the confidential property of MJ Lasky. This summary may not be delivered to or relied upon by any other person.